At Pro Sentret it is possible to get free advice and guidance from a lawyer. It is a drop-in offer, but you can also book an appointment in advance via our website or by contacting us.
Everyone that works at Pro Sentret has a duty of confidentiality, including the lawyers. You can be anonymous and the service it completly free for our service users. The main priority is to help victims of physical and/or sexual violence, exploitation or abuse. Both lawyers, Camilla and Maja work as legal aid lawyers and therefore very familiar with these topics.
For example, someone who is considering reporting an incident of violence may want to talk with a lawyer first because they have questions about the process that they want answers to before they go any further with the report. We want to help ensure that you know your rights and options so that you can make an informed decision. What you choose to do is entirely up to you.
Everyone who works at Pro Sentret has a duty of confidentiality.
Pro Sentret’s other employees can also provide advice and guidance in a number of other areas such as the social security system, benefits, divorce, tax and rent. We can help you if you have dealings with the child welfare authorities or NAV, the health service or the immigration authorities.
Other relevant service providers:
- Fri Rettshjelp / Free Legal Aid: Assists residents in Oslo with free legal assistance and legal aid if needed.
- NAV økonomi- og gjeldsrådgivning / NAV financial and debt advice: An offer for those who have financial problems. Call 55 55 33 39 or contact your NAV office.
- JURK: Offers legal advice and assistance in specific cases for anyone who defines themselves as women.
- Ung Rettshjelp / Young Legal Aid: Provides free legal aid to people under the age of 25.
- Gatejuristen / Street Jurist: Provides free legal aid to people who have or have had drug problems.